The Settlement Process
- Once the title order is placed with Title Rite Services, Inc., a title abstract is ordered as well as a location survey where required.
- The Title Company coordinates between the borrower/purchaser, the lender and realtor or builders involved in the transaction
- The Title Company obtains mortgage payoff amounts as well as all pertinent tax, water and homeowners association figures.
- The Title Company prepares the title insurance commitment, the deed, settlement sheet and in many cases loan documents.
- The Title Company conducts the closing, collects and disburses all funds to the appropriate parties, records all necessary documents including deeds, mortgages and mortgage releases in the appropriate jurisdictions.
- Once all documents have been recorded in the county, a final title policy is issued.