Title-Rite Services, Inc. is in the forefront of local Maryland title agencies to receive their certification. Having this certification not only places us in compliance with the regulators but head and shoulders above our competition.
All real estate is local and consumers should shop for a local title company. Many consumers rely on their real estate agent or mortgage lender for a recommendation for a title company, however, it is important that all home buyers remember that they have the right to shop for title insurance and to choose their own title agent or company.
Once you’ve selected Title-Rite Services Inc. we will send you a Buyer’s Information Form to be filled out and returned to us.
Once you’ve selected Title-Rite Services Inc., you will need to provide them with the following information:
- Copy of contract
- Name/phone number of mortgage company and loan officer
- Your current address and/or e-mail address for any necessary correspondence
- Determine the amount of money necessary to close
- Obtain necessary homeowners insurance coverage
- Make sure that all lender/loan conditions have been met
- Make sure you have photo identification for settlement
- After settlement you will need to contact all local utility companies
If you have any questions throughout the closing process, please call us at 301-858-9212 or 410-451-4560 or Email us at [email protected]
Below are some of the utility companies and contact information:
- Anne Arundel County Water & Sewer 410-222-1144
- Baltimore County /Baltimore City Water & Sewer 410 396-5352
- BGE 800-685-0123
- Carroll County Water & Sewer (410) 386‐2971
- Harford County Water & Sewer 1-844-836-9732
- Howard County Water & Sewer 410-313-2058
- PEPCO 202-833-7500
- WSSC 301-206-4001
If you don’t see your water company here please check your local government web page
What to Bring to Closing
- Original, unexpired government ID with Photo (i.e., Driver’s license, Passport).
- Second Form of ID with photo, if possible.
We will make every effort to get you a Closing Disclosure/Settlement Statement in advance of closing, which will show all fees, pro-rations, taxes and other charges and credits associated with the purchase of the property and the closing of the purchase money mortgage/deed of trust. However, because the final figures come from many sources, including your lender, we may not have your final, exact figure until the closing time/date. In this case, please depend upon the loan officer’s “Loan Estimate” figure when determining the funds necessary to close.
In an effort to better serve our clients and be compliant with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau “Best Practices” Title Rite Services, Inc. now requires that: ALL PROCEEDS FOR CLOSINGS MUST BE IN THE FORM OF A WIRE.
Please wire funds needed for closing to Title-Rite Services, Inc. escrow account prior to closing, so that all funds are available for immediate disbursement at the time of closing. Please contact the Title-Rite Services, Inc. office handling your closing for a copy of our wiring instructions.
We can no longer accept cashiers checks at settlement per our underwriters. Banks are now placing a hold on these funds and lenders require funding the same day of closing. Please contact us to get Title Rite Services, Inc. wire instructions prior to closing.
- All About Title Insurance
- Choice of Tenancy Example
- Deed Example
- Deed of Trust Example
- Note Example
- Owner Occupancy Affidavit Example
- Sample Closing Disclosure Doc
- Title Policy Coverage Comparison
Title-Rite Services, Inc. is a full service title and escrow company specializing in residential and commercial real estate transactions in the State of Maryland. We offer a full range of settlement and support services, including:
- Deed Preparation
- Foreclosure, Bankruptcy & Auction Transactions
- Property and Judgment Reports
- Powers of Attorney
- Quick Turnaround Time for Title Commitments
- Recording Services
- Survey Requests
- Title Insurance
- Title Searches
- Out of Office Settlements – We will come to the agent’s office or the lender’s office for settlement